Renzi Foodservice - Watertown, NY
Faced with an ever-changing industry, Renzi Foodservice (Renzi) wanted to ensure that their food service distribution center in Watertown, NY remained a state-of-the-art facility. On two occasions, Renzi selected Food Tech for expansion and renovation work because of their reputation for reliable construction management and cutting-edge design-build services.
Food Tech performed facility sizing services which helped Renzi determine the renovations and expansions needed to accommodate their distribution network. Material handling design was provided in order to properly slot conventionally racked storage and selection areas, streamlining the facility’s labor flow. Additionally, significant cold storage construction was required, including a 15,000-square-foot freezer expansion and a 5,000-square-foot refrigerated dock expansion.
For both expansions, Food Tech implemented a fast-track approach which minimized disturbances to Renzi’s regular operations, saving them money.
During the two projects, Food Tech delivered the following:
- Expansions and renovations totaling over 40,000 square feet
- Design-build and cold storage construction
- Fast-track approach
- Material handling design and facility sizing services
- -10°F freezer expansion with freon industrial refrigeration system
- 34°F refrigerated dock expansion featuring energy efficient vertical storing levelers
- New battery charging room with code-compliant ventilation
- Employee amenities
Renzi Foodservice is one of the largest family owned and operated broad-line food service distributors in the state of New York. From sales and merchandising to warehouse operations and delivery, Renzi offers a full-suite of services to businesses and food professionals across upstate New York.