Comercial Mexicana - Mexico City, MX
Comercial Mexicana wanted to modernize its perishable and frozen food distribution facility in Mexico City, MX.
Thanks to their internationally recognized design-build and cold storage construction expertise, Food Tech was selected for the project. While building the plant, Food Tech focused on operational management and value engineering in order to build an extremely durable and energy-efficient facility. In order to maximize cost savings, Food Tech sourced specialty systems, such as refrigeration, from U.S. companies, while more standard items were purchased in Mexico.
The completed 175,000-square-foot grocery distribution center includes produce, dairy, deli, boxed beef, seafood, and frozen food capabilities. During the project, Food Tech provided the following:
- “Reverse-pick” design for improved operational efficiency
- 41°F perishable cooler, 28°F seafood cooler, and -10°F freezer
- 41°F refrigerated dock with 41 dock doors
- Regional sales, operations, and distribution offices
- Central ammonia refrigeration system
- Federally Inspected Type (TIF)-certified
Comercial Mexicana is multi-format hypermarket group and the third-largest supermarket chain in Mexico. Founded in 1930 in Mexico City, Comercial Mexicana is still primarily committed to serving the central Mexico area.