S-Mart Mexicana S.A. de C.V. - Juarez & Monterrey, Mexico
S-Mart Mexicana S.A. de C.V. (S-Mart) needed a design-build team to construct two state-of-the-art grocery distribution centers in northern Mexico. As an internationally recognized expert in cold storage construction and food warehouse design, Food Tech was the ideal candidate for the facilities.
Throughout both projects, Food Tech utilized their international logistics network to deliver some of the finest materials and systems in North America. Food Tech’s suppliers in the United States provided specialized technology, while more standard items were sourced within Mexico. The combined approach helped S-Mart build two cutting-edge facilities, while also saving costs.
The Juarez and Monterrey distribution centers feature significant cold storage engineering, including a highly advanced shrink compensating concrete floor design. Additionally, ammonia refrigeration and insulated panel walls help maintain precise control over the facilities’ multiple temperature and humidity zones.
During the projects, Food Tech provided the following:
- Design-build and cold storage construction
- Internationally sourced materials for high quality at a lower cost
- Shrink compensating concrete floor design
- Multiple temperature and humidity zones
- Ammonia refrigeration central system
- Pressurized banana ripening rooms
- Cold storage insulated panels
- Central commissary for food processing
S-Mart is a supermarket and grocery store chain serving the Mexican states of Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas. With 66 locations throughout northern Mexico, S-Mart is one of the nation’s leading grocery retailers.