McCain Foods - Harbin, China
McCain Foods Limited (McCain) wanted to construct a new potato processing facility in Harbin, China, and required a construction management company with international capabilities to assist with the project.
Due to their global network throughout the design-build industry, Food Tech was selected to assist with the project’s logistics planning and to provide engineering services. Food Tech played a critical role coordinating the effective distribution of materials and systems sourced across Europe, North America, and Asia. Armed with an advanced design and efficiently delivered equipment, McCain was able to construct a state-of-the-art plant at lower-costs.
The completed 90,000-square-foot French fry process plant features the following:
- Multi-temperature and humidity facility
- Perforated concrete floor with plenum for even air distribution to floor stacked potatoes
- Industrial refrigeration design with a glycol refrigeration system
- Cost-effective steel frame building
- Insulation design for walls and roof
McCain Foods Limited is a multi-national frozen foods manufacturer headquartered in New Brunswick, Canada. McCain is the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products with 47 production facilities on six continents.