McCain Foods (SA) Pty Ltd - Delmas, South Africa
McCain Foods Limited (McCain) needed a facility planning partner with international capabilities to assist in the expansion of a French fry process plant in Delmas, South Africa. Thanks in part to relationships within the global construction industry, Food Tech was selected to provide construction management and engineering services to the project.
Food Tech helped to coordinate the delivery of materials sourced across Europe, North America, and Africa, which provided McCain access to some of the finest equipment and most advanced technology in the industry. Thanks to Food Tech’s extensive logistics network, McCain was able to transform their existing facility into a state-of-the-art potato processing plant.
The completed 90,000-square-foot frozen food process plant includes the following renovations:
- Overall production capabilities increased from 9 to 16.5 tons per day
- Freezer expansion featuring cold storage engineering
- Advanced boiler, waste water treatment, and industrial refrigeration systems
- Increased cold store and dry store capacity
- Additional office space
- Training center to assist in development of existing and new staff
McCain Foods Limited is a multi-national frozen foods manufacturer headquartered in New Brunswick, Canada. McCain is the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products with 47 production facilities on six continents.